Moving Camp to Kalispel Reservation!

​Day five!

Leaving Spokane Rez to go to Kalispel Rez!

Today was a early morning, we had to get straight to eating breakfast at 630 am to go right into making a “lunch” and that is sandwiches like every other day, hahaha! After making our lunches we pack everything up and headed out, right before we got off the rez I finally scene a deer! This wasn’t any deer it was a nice 3 point mule buck! That made my morning! 

The whole 3 hour drive to Kalispel I just listened to my peyote jams the whole way. We did actually stop at a laundry mat to clean our laundry. Well we waited I visited with some family over the phone and moisturized my skin because it was looking a little dry! (Lol). We also stopped at Walmart so we can catch up on our groceries and other items people needed to get. I just stayed on the van and caught up on my emails and assignments.

Kalispel seems a lot like Spokane reservation to me, in the mountains and has they’re own river. The river here is called Pend Oreille River, and it’s beautiful! The river is very blue and looks so clean in my opinion. We got to our camp spot at around 430pm, and got everything set up by 6pm. We ate delicious taco burritos for dinner, where I took to long to serve myself and by time I was ready for seconds everyone already had seconds and there was no more! 


After dinner we did science things! As my professor always says “science things!” We did our final examinations on the water samples we collected at Cottonwood creek in Spokane Rez. My samples bacteria grew only a little bit more than yesterday’s growth. We finally guessed the bacteria we thought it was. We not totally sure what the bacterias actually are because to be totally sure we’d need to run alot of test and examine it under a microscope but that’s something we can’t do right now due to time.



After all the science things I decided to hide in my tent away from all the mosquitoes and bugs trying to attack all of us here. Incidentally it was a good calm travel day and I look forward to what the tribe here has in store for us the next two days. Stay tuned ;)

mosquito trying to get in the tent!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

getting to know the Bend Oregon, and mountains!

POTBR, Lake Roosevelt!