People Of the Big River, Wellpinit

Introduction to Spokane Reservation 

Wellpinit 

Day one of trip I did not pack what so every for the trip, so the morning of day one I had to pack everything and sure enough I forget all my shower things. 

I should of went to the university on time but we was running on “Indian time” I guess, if you don’t know what that means it just means running late! Haha! When everyone showed up we had to pack up the two vans and truck/trailer. During the morning of the day it was raining than the time we starting packing up it was hot! 

 

The four hour trip from Yakama reservation to Spokane Rez seem like five hours to me. Even though I had plenty of room in the big white van I just seem so tired. I napped to first 2 hours than just looked out the window enjoying the rolling hills turn into beautiful mountains of Spokane.

This isn’t my first time to Wellpinit, but it is my second time. The first time was when I was 15 I can here for a N7 basketball camp. I really love how Wellpinit is in the mountains. It didn’t take us long to unload everything, or to get our tents set up. To wrap up the day we enjoyed our selfs with amazing burgers and corn on the cob. I had two burgers because they was amazing. I had no trouble sleeping I fell right asleep right away, I didn’t even get to finish watching Rise of the Dark Knight. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

getting to know the Bend Oregon, and mountains!

POTBR, Lake Roosevelt!

Moving Camp to Kalispel Reservation!